Solid-state eTape sensors make it easier to monitor the height of fluids — liquid or a fine powder — in a container. Placed vertically in a container, eTape senses the hydrostatic pressure applied by the fluid to the portion of the sensor that is submerged.
eTape sensors output a value in a continuous range corresponding to the fluid level along the entire length of the sensor, ideal where a single-point fluid level detection is not enough. The slim, low-profile sensor has no moving parts and fits unobtrusively where there may not be enough room for mechanical float devices.
The Chemical eTape Liquid Level Sensors are enclosed in an FEP (Teflon) envelope rated for chemical, petroleum, and food-safe applications.
eTape Liquid Level Sensors produce a variable resistance output. If your application is more suited to monitoring a voltage output, you may want to use the sensor with the optional eTape 0-5VDC Linear Resistance to Voltage Module.
- Rated for chemical, petroleum, and food-safe applications
- Crimpflex male pins easily connect to microcontroller projects
- Reference resistor pins allow for optional temperature compensation
- Protected vent hole to equilibrate with atmospheric pressure
- Evaporation rate monitor
- Aquaculture projects
- Industrial mixing control systems
- Active sensor length: 8.4 in (213 mm)
- Actuation depth: 1 in (25.4 mm)
- Output: variable resistance, 400-1500 ohms +/-20-%
- Resistance gradient: 150 ohms/inch (60 ohms/cm)
- Reference Resistance: 1500 ohms +/-20-%
- Resolution : < 0.01 in (0.25 mm)
- Power rating: 0.5 watts (VMax = 10 V)
- Operating temperature range: 15 to 150 °F (-9 to 65 °C)
- Overall dimensions: 10.2 x 1.0 x 0.015 in (259 x 25.4 x 0.38 mm)
eTape Chemical Liquid Level Sensor Datasheet - 250.17 KB | updated: 17 Oct 2014 - 7:36 pm
eTape Liquid Level Sensor Propeller C Code - 2.78 KB | updated: 17 Oct 2014 - 7:31 pm
eTape Liquid Level Sensor Propeller Spin Code - 54.02 KB | updated: 17 Oct 2014 - 7:29 pm
eTape Liquid Level Sensor Arduino Code - 2.05 KB | updated: 22 Oct 2014 - 12:44 pm
eTape Liquid Level Sensor BASIC Stamp 2 Code - 468.68 KB | updated: 17 Oct 2014 - 7:09 pm