The DS1302 Real-Time Clock Module provides a DS1302 real-time clock with a 32 kHz crystal and on-board battery backup, all in a small SIP module that can be easily plugged into a breadboard.
The DS1302 provides seconds, minutes, hours, date, day of week and year with leap-year compensation up to the year 2100. You can use 24-hour mode or 12-hour mode with AM/PM indication and there are 31 bytes of RAM that are also battery-backed. BASIC Stamp 2 example code is available under Downloads, and a Propeller Spin object is linked under Additional Resources.
- On-board CR1220 battery holder
- SPI interface supports 3-wire or 4-wire synchronous serial connection
- Wide operating voltage supports 3.3V and 5V microcontrollers
- Convenient SIP header makes breadboarding easy
- Coin-cell battery included
- Electronic Clock
- Sprinkler Control Timer
NOTE: Do not enable the on-board DS1302 IC's trickle-charging circuit. Because this module contains a lithium coin-cell battery for backup, enabling the trickle-charging circuit could damage the battery and/or module.
- Voltage requirements: 3.3-5 VDC
- Current requirements: 3.2 mA @ 5 VDC
- Communication: 3 or 4-wire Synchronous Serial (SPI) Interface
- Dimensions: 1.22 x 0.6 in (31.2 x 15.5 mm)
- Operating temperature range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)