Discontinued, see our LSM9DS1 9-axis IMU Module. The Freescale Semiconductor MMA7455L 3-Axis Digital Output Accelerometer is a low power, micro machined sensor capable of measuring acceleration along its X, Y, and Z axes. It offers several convenient integrated features including an analog to digital converter (ADC), digital low-pass filter, and selectable sensitivity ranges of ±2g, ±4g, or ±8g. This device can be easily configured to detect quick motion pulses as single taps, double taps, and 0g (free fall) conditions on any or all axes and provides configurable interrupt pins (INT1 and INT2) for each type of event.
Flexibility and compatibility are designed into this module. An on-board voltage regulator and I/O voltage level-shifters make this module especially easy to connect to virtually any microcontroller. It operates over a wide range of supply voltages from 2.5 VDC to 5.5 VDC and communicates via Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) or Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) bus.
- Works with 3.3 and 5 volt devices
- I2C and SPI interfaces for compatibility with virtually any microcontroller
- On-board voltage regulators and I/O level shifters for compatibility with 3.3 and 5 volt systems.
- Low current consumption for long life in battery powered applications
- Compact, breadboard-friendly package
- Inertial Measurement Unit
- Model airplane flight stabilization
- Multi-axis vibration measurement
- Motion sensing and data logging
- Selectable sensitivity: 8-bit mode (±2g/±4g/±8g) or 10-bit mode (±8g)
- User-settable registers for calibrating each axis
- Voltage Requirements: 2.5V to 5.5 VDC
- Current Range: 26μA typ. in standby mode; <3 mA full operation while transmitting data
- Communication: SPI (8 MHz max) or I2C protocols
- Dimensions: 0.50 x 0.60 x 0.46 in (12.74 x 15.24 x 11.68 mm)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° F to +185° F (-40° C to +85° C)
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer Arduino Demo Code - 6.22 KB | updated: 11 Dec 2014 - 1:31 pm
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer Design Files - 83 KB | updated: 17 Oct 2014 - 11:18 am
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer Device Documentation - 504.1 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 12:23 pm
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer BASIC Stamp Demo Code - 7.51 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 12:20 pm
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer Spin Demo Code - 68.13 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 12:19 pm
MMA7455 3-Axis Accelerometer Module Documentation - 756.81 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 12:17 pm