The Waveshare NEO-7M-C (B) GPS Module provides location, heading, and speed data for your microcontroller projects, sporting flexible features in a compact package.
It comes with a high-gain active antenna, but also includes an IPX interface for connecting a different active antenna of your choosing. A rechargeable backup battery will hold data when powered down, but perhaps more importantly it supports hot starts for a fast satellite lock time.
A 5-wire cable with a SIP socket on one end and individual sockets on the other makes it easy to connect the Waveshare NEO-7M-C GPS Module to your project in many different configurations. Or, simply plug the module’s SIP header into a standard breadboard.
- 5-pin SIP module with cable is easy to use in breadboard or through-hole projects
- Ready for use with both 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- Satellite-lock LED shows when data is valid
- Onboard battery provides a fast warm-start response
- Code support in Blockly, PBASIC (BS2p), Propeller Spin, and Propeller C
- Robo-Magellan projects
- Fleet tracking
- Heading and speed measurements
- Channels: 56
- Horizontal position accuracy: 2.5 meter CEP
- Navigation update rate: 1 Hz default, 5 Hz max.
- Voltage requirements: 2.7 to 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 35 mA
- Communication: NMEA 9600 baud (default) or UBX Binary
- PCB Dimensions: 1 x 1.5 x in (26 x 38 x cm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)