This VPN1513 GPS Smart Module provides a complete GPS solution for your electronics projects. This high-quality, highly sensitive GPS receiver includes an external antenna, status LED, and a rechargeable battery back-up. An on-board voltage regulator makes it ready to use with 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers.
The GPS Smart Module features a simple command set for accessing NMEA 0183 GPS data. Example programs in PBASIC, Arduino, Propeller Spin, and Propeller C will help you add the GPS module to your microcontroller project. The module's on-board Propeller co-processor with 64 KB EEPROM can be reprogrammed for custom, stand-alone projects.
Feel free to experiment — the factory firmware is available for free download.
- High-performance SiRF chipset provides 20 parallel satellite tracking channels
- Status LED blinks to show you when satellite fix is achieved
- On-board multicore Propeller co-processor easily interfaces with your microcontroller
- Breadboard-friendly 4-pin SIP header quickly connects to your projects
- External GPS antenna with SMA connector is included
- Geocaching adventures
- Robotics navigation
- Fleet management
Note: Schematics, command set, example code, complete specifications, and additional resources are available from the SimplyTronics website (see Additional Resources, below).
- Co-processor: Propeller P8X32A
- On-board regulator: 3.3 V
- Navigation refresh rate: 1Hz
- Connection: 4-pin SIP header
- External Antenna: SMA, 10 ft (3 m)
- Voltage requirements: 3.3V–5.5V DC
- Current requirements: 5V @ 100mA typical
- Interface: 3.3V asynchronous serial @ 9600 bps, 8N1
- Dimensions: 1.9 x 2.6 x 0.25 in (48.3 x 66.0 x 6.35 mm)
- Operating temp range: 32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Note: This product replaces our original VPN1513 GPS Receiver with Antenna, which lacked a Propeller co-processor (#28508)
AN002 Real-time GPS Data Reception and Parsing - 182.17 KB | updated: 18 Apr 2014 - 1:49 pm