Turn your Parallax robot into mini-tank with the Tank Tread add-on kit! Custom-made clear acrylic side panels mount to your robot's aluminum chassis, and hold sets of small rollers for the rubber treads. A toothed gear replaces your robot's usual wheels, to drive the treads.
- Compatible with the Boe-Bot, Shield-Bot, ActivityBot, and cyber:bot robot kits.
- Turns your robot into tank that can traverse rugged terrain.
- Includes standoffs that protect components in case of a roll-over.
- Treads and higher ground clearance goes over objects that wheels cannot.
NOTE: Robot not included!
- 2 - Clear acrylic tank side panels
- 1 - Tank wheel and tread set (pre-drilled)
- 8 - 4-40, 1/4" pan head screw
- 8 - 4-40, 3/8" pan head screw
- 8 - 4-40, 7/8" pan head screw
- 2 - 4-40, 1.5" pan head screw
- 10 - #4 lock washers
- 24 - 4-40, zinc plated nut
- 2 - 1.25" aluminum standoff
- 2 - Servo horns
- 1 - Documentation
Note that the Tank Treads are not compatible with external encoders that a robots' spoked wheels. See the Tank Tread Product Guide for details and programming tips, plus notes about using the Tank Treads with other Robot Accessories.
Robotics with the Boe-Bot Text - 4.35 MB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 3:23 pm
Advanced Tank Tread BASIC Stamp Demo Code - 1.5 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 8:43 pm
Tank Tread Kit with IR Tilt Sensors - 146.42 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 8:42 pm
Tank Tread Kit Documentation - 471 KB | updated: 05 Mar 2014 - 10:06 am