The WS2812B RGB LED Module is a small module with BIG color. The module has a special LED on board that contains three separate LEDs – red, green, and blue – as well as a smart control IC that can individually drive each LED. Each color has 256 intensity levels which allows the module to produce 24-bit color, or more than 16 million colors. Each module is instructed by using a special serial protocol. This protocol allows many modules to be daisy chained together so that one microcontroller can control the whole lot – with a single data signal. Any number of these modules can be chained together by connecting one module’s data-out (DO) pin to another’s data-in (DI) pin.
This 10-pack of WS2812B RGB Modules will let you light up many different projects.
Caution - these LEDs are extremely bright! You might want to avoid looking directly at them up close when lit.
- String many together to make an array of individually addressable lights
- With 24-bit color, each module can display more than 16 million unique colors of the rainbow
- The module’s small size is breadboard friendly with 0.1” header spacing
- Control all LEDs in a chain with a single I/O pin
- Holiday decorations
- Multi-color status LED for your project
- Color changing robotic eyes
Note: Note: The WS2812B is designed for operation with high-speed 5-volt devices. It requires a 3.5 to 5.3 volt power supply, and data signals that reach at least 70% of the power supply voltage, so a 3.6-volt or higher signal is required when powered from a 5-volt supply. To use a 3.3-volt signal, including those generated by the Propeller microcontroller, we recommend powering the WS2812B module from a 3.5- to 4.75-volt power supply. To meet the signal timing, we recommend a microcontroller running at 15 MIPS or faster. The BASIC Stamp series is not capable of generating WS2812B compatible signals.
- Voltage requirements: 5 V
- Current requirements: Up to 50 mA
- Communication: Custom asynchronous serial
- Dimensions: 0.5 in x 0.4 in (1.27 cm x 1.02 cm)
- Operating temperature range: -13 to +172 °F (-25 to +80 °C)
- (10) WS2812B RGB LED Module (#550-28085)
- (20) 3-pin header (#451-00301)
Driving WS2812B RGB LEDs with a 3.3-volt Microcontroller - 658.25 KB | updated: 08 Nov 2017 - 4:34 pm
WS2812B RGB LED Module Propeller C Code - 141.05 KB | updated: 03 Nov 2014 - 8:18 am
WS2812B RGB LED Module Propeller Spin Code - 19.5 KB | updated: 28 Oct 2014 - 10:56 am
WS2812B RGB LED Module Arduino Code - 36.29 KB | updated: 28 Oct 2014 - 10:52 am
WS2812B RGB LED Datasheet - 649.4 KB | updated: 02 Apr 2019 - 12:40 pm