The SF30 High Speed Laser Rangefinders can output an amazing 18317 readings per second — far faster than the SF10 series. Lightweight and compact, this 0–100 meter rangefinder is designed to detect terrain and obstacles or create maps from moving vehicles and UAVs. It uses a time-of-flight system to make accurate distance measurements that are not affected by surface texture, speed, wind, changes in barometric pressure, noise, ambient light, terrain, or air temperature.
Requiring just a regulated 5 V supply, the SF30 includes configurable digital and analog interfaces for easy integration with a flight controller, embedded system, or other processing platform. The SF30 has settings to smooth the distance measurements if high resolution is required, or use the raw results if higher speed data acquisition is desired.
- Measures distances up to 100 meters for natural targets
- Outputs up to 18317 readings per second for very quick data refresh
- Multiple hardware interfaces for easy connection to different types of flight controllers or other embedded systems
- Ready to use with no calibration needed
- Set optional configurations with the free LightWare Terminal Software
- Change settings on the fly via a serial port connection to a host controller
- 18" (46 cm) USB A to MicroB cable and 7-wire cable/plug included
- Compatible with our Aluminum Stand Kit for SF10 Laser Rangefinders
CAUTION - The SF30 laser rangefinder contains a laser and should never be aimed at a person or an animal. Do not look at the beam directly with optical instruments. FDA approval pending.
- Range, natural targets: 0–100 meters
- Range, reflective targets: 0–175 meters
- Resolution: 0.03 to 1.0 m selectable
- Update rate: 18317 readings per second maximum
- Accuracy: ±0.1 m (70% reflective target @ 20°C)
- Laser power: 20 W (peak), 18 mW (average), Class 1M
- Laser wavelength: 905 nm
- Approvals:FDA pending
- Optical aperture: 51 mm
- Beam divergence: 0.2°
- Lens material: Acrylic*
- Connections: Plug & socket, micro USB
- Communication: serial, USB, analog voltage
- Voltage requirements: 5.0 +/- 0.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 250 mA (maximum)
- Weight: 35 g (excluding cables)
- Dimensions: 30 x 55 x 50 mm
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
*Note: lens color may vary depending on availability of anti-reflective coatings.
The SF30 is a laser rangefinder that emits ionizing laser radiation. The level of the laser emission is Class 1M which indicates that the laser beam is safe to look at with the unaided eye but must not be viewed using binoculars or other optical devices at a distance of less than 15 meters. Notwithstanding the safety rating, avoid looking into the beam and switch the unit off when working in the area.
SF30 Arduino Test Code - 1.3 KB | updated: 13 Nov 2015 - 12:05 pm
SF30 C Test Code - 40.6 KB | updated: 13 Nov 2015 - 12:02 pm
SF30 High Speed Rangefinder Manual - 1.18 MB | updated: 14 Sep 2016 - 12:40 pm
SF02, SF10, SF30 Additional Setup Instructions - 251.98 KB | updated: 02 Feb 2017 - 1:02 pm