The compact, lightweight LW20C Sealed Mini Laser Rangefinder is the ideal choice where size and weight matter yet protection is needed in outdoor envioronments. This sensor can perform distance sensing with first and last return signals for multi-obstacle environments. Its serial interface can be utilized by many different microcontrollers, with selectable data rates between 48 and 388 readings per second.
Mounted on a servo, the LW20C can be used to create two-dimensional LiDAR maps. See our LW20 Aluminum Mounting Bracket, sold separately.
- Detects objects up to 100 m away in sunlight
- 3.3 V serial communication easily integrates with microcontroller applications
- Sealed IP67 enclosure prevents damage from dust and water
- Uses encoded laser pulses to prevent interference from other laser devices
- Needs only 5 VDC @110 mA, with a power-saving mode to save energy when not in use
The LW20C is well-supported by the manufacturer's manual, available under the Downloads tab below.
- Long-range distance sensor
- Autonomous vehicle collision avoidance
- Small drone altimeter / proximity alarm sensor
- Weight: 20 g (excluding cables)
- Range: 0.2 to 100 m (sunlit white wall, 45 readings per second)
- Resolution:1 cm
- Update rate: 48 (default) to 388 (max) readings per second
- Accuracy: ±10 cm
- Output/interface: 3.3 V serial
- Power supply voltage: 5.0 V ±0.5 V DC
- Power supply current: 110 mA
- Laser power: 2 mW, Class 1 M
- Dimensions: Housing only, 2 x 3 x 3.5 cm; w/cable gland 2 x 30x 4.35 cm
- Operating temperature: -30 to +50 °C
- Approvals: FDA: 1710193-000 (2017/02); CE (pending)
- Housing: Aluminium, ABS plastic and glass
- Optical aperture:28 mm x 15 mm
- Beam divergence: 0.2°
- Lens material: Glass*
- Connections: Wire tail, 5 core plus shield
- Enclosure rating: IP 67
*Note: lens color may vary depending on availability of anti-reflective coatings.