The LightWare SF11-C is an ideal laser altimeter for UAVs, such as the ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter Kit. It can also serve as a highly effective rangefinder in a variety of applications. Its time-of-flight system makes accurate distance measurements that are not affected by speed, wind, changes in barometric pressure, noise, ambient light, or air temperature.
Use our Aluminum Stand Kit for SF Lasers to mount the SF11 on a wheeled UAV or stationary application.
For a quick test, simply connect the SF11-C's USB port to your computer with the included 18" USB A to Micro-B Cable. Open a serial terminal and set it to 115,200 kbps; formatted distance readings are immediately available.
- Outputs 16 readings per second for very quick data refresh
- Multiple interfaces for use with different types of flight controllers or other embedded systems
- Configurable baud rate 9600-921600
- Ready to use with no calibration needed
- Set optional configurations with the free LightWare Terminal Software
- 18" (46 cm) USB A to MicroB cable and 7-wire cable/plug included
- Altimeter for the ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter and other UAVs, detecting distance between craft and ground
- Calculating speed of moving objects or vehicles
- Measuring depth of materials (snow, fluid, sand) from above
- Counting passing objects in a monitoring or control system
Note: The SF11-C supersedes the discontinued SF10 series: SF10/A 25m #28051; SF10/B 50m #28052; SF10/C 100m #28053.
Note: The SF11-C is a Class 1M laser under Food and Drug Administration Guidelines. Class 1M lasers are considered non-hazardous unless viewed with optical aids including magnifiers, binoculars or telescopes. Do not aim at persons or animals. Do not look at the beam directly with optical instruments including magnifiers, binoculars or telescopes.
Note: As an importer of this laser product, Parallax’s supplier has completed the necessary FDA Dealer and Distributor records in Title 21, Subpart E. Purchase this sensor from Parallax and receive our warranty, customer service, and quick shipment. FDA: 1410968-002 (2016/01)
- Range over natural targets: 0.2–120 meters***
- Range over moving water: 0.2–40 meters***
- Resolution: 1 cm
- Update rate: 16 readings per second
- Accuracy: ±0.1 m (70% reflective target @ 20°C)
- Laser power: 20 W (peak), <15 mW (average), Class 1M
- Approvals: FDA: 1410968-002 (2016/01)
- Optical aperture: 51 mm
- Beam divergence: 0.2°
- Lens material: Acrylic*
- Connections : Plug & socket, micro USB
- Communication: 3.3 V CMOS Serial, I2C & analog with max. latency of 65 ms
- Configurable baud rate: 9600-921600**
- Voltage requirements: 5.0 VDC
- Current requirements: 200 mA (maximum)
- Weight: 35 g
- Dimensions: 30 x 56.5 x 50 mm
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
*Lens color may vary depending on availability of anti-reflective coatings.
** Updated from maximum baud rate of 115200 as per manufacturer on 5/29/2018
***Updated from minimum range 0 m as per manufacturer on 5/29/2018.
SF11 Laser Manual - 2.59 MB | updated: 29 May 2018 - 11:13 am
SF10/SF11 Laser Rangefinder Arduino Code Example - 1.77 KB | updated: 08 Mar 2016 - 2:23 pm
SF10/SF11 Laser Rangefinder Spin Code Example - 2.75 KB | updated: 08 Mar 2016 - 9:50 am
SF10/SF11 Laser Rangefinder C Code Example - 1.97 KB | updated: 05 Aug 2016 - 10:31 am
SF10/SF11 Laser Rangefinder BS2 Code Example - 2.09 KB | updated: 08 Mar 2016 - 2:18 pm