Do you have a big idea that needs a small motion sensor? The PIR Mini Sensor's compact form factor is ideal for small-scale projects, and those where the electronics need to be hidden or protected. The narrow, vertically oriented board can slip through a hole in an enclosure to hide and protect the electronics, leaving only the small lens visible on the outside.
The PIR Mini Sensor detects motion up to 12 feet (3.65 meters) away. Like the other passive infrared sensors we carry, the PIR Mini contains a pyroelectric device that senses and responds to changes in the infrared levels emitted by nearby objects.
- Detects motion up to 12 feet (3.65 meters) away
- 2.7 to 6 VDC supply voltage range supports both 3.3 and 5 V microcontrollers
- Simple active-high output signal makes it easy to use in microcontroller projects
- 3-pin SIP header fits an extension cable or plugs directly into a breadboard
- Animated props
- Alarm systems
- Responsive lighting
- Range: Up to 12 ft (3.65 m)
- Detection Angle: 100°
- Recommended bit for mounting hole: 7/16" or 11 mm
- Voltage requirements: 2.7 to 6.0 VDC*
- Current requirements: 290 µA @ 3 VDC, 3250 µA @ 5 VDC
- Communication: Single-bit high/low output
- Dimensions: 1.16 x 0.49 x 0.49 in (29.5 x 12.5 x 12.5 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)
NOTE: Rev A of this sensor supported a 3-15 VDC input voltage range. Rev B does not. Check your sensor and project voltage accordingly.
Propeller C Learn Folder - 9.36 MB | updated: 03 Jul 2019 - 9:18 am