Discontinued. A Propeller-based SumoBot is in development. For updates, sign up for our newsletter.
Build and program two high-quality SumoBot® Robots designed to wrestle in their own mini-sumo competition ring! Follow the SumoBot Manual assembly instructions and test programs to go from basic moves to one-on-one combat.
Once you have your SumoBot robots up and running, give them a competitive edge and expand your skills by following the step-by-step activities in Applied Robotics with the SumoBot - an advanced text in our Stamps in Class series. Activities include friction analysis, self-calibrating sensors, memory optimization with multipurpose variables and a sensor flags register, and state-machine diagrams for sensor-based navigation. EEPROM data logging lets you record your robot's sensor and program states during a match, then display them afterward in the BASIC Stamp Editor's Debug Terminal - an excellent way to troubleshoot and analyze the performance of your program strategies.
- Two sets of durable robot hardware sporting black anodized aluminum chassis and scoop, servo motors, and all the required components
- Surface-mount BASIC Stamp control boards to host the included infrared object sensor electronics for spotting the opponent
- Additional components including piezospeakers and pushbuttons to build custom circuts
- Under-chassis QTI Sensors detect black and white surfaces, such as the edge of the sumo wrestling ring
- Each assembled robot fits inside a 10x10x10 cube (with sensor leads trimmed) and weighes under 400 grams
- Two printed tutorials - one for assembly, testing, and basic wrestling, the other for advanced sensor management and programming strategies
- Two complete SumoBot robots to assemble, including surface-mount BASIC Stamp 2 development boards
- Infrared sensors, LEDs, piezospeakers, resistors, and pushbuttons
- SumoBot Manual with assembly and testing instructions
- Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Stamps in Class text
- Parallax USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter with Cable
- Serial programming cable
- SumoBot Robot Competition Ring poster
Note: Requires 8 AA 1.5 V batteries, not included. BASIC Stamp programming requires the BASIC Stamp Editor software for Windows.
This product contains the same robots that were previously sold individually as the SumoBot Robot (#27400).
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot BASIC Stamp Code - 44.12 KB | updated: 28 Sep 2012 - 4:54 pm
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Text - 5.21 MB | updated: 28 Sep 2012 - 4:52 pm
SumoBot Manual BASIC Stamp Example Code - 7.68 KB | updated: 28 Sep 2012 - 4:42 pm
SumoBot Manual - 1.25 MB | updated: 28 Sep 2012 - 4:41 pm