Designed as a stand-alone educational robotic platform, the Scribbler 3 Robot is ready to go right out of the box. It arrives pre-built, fully-encased in a durable green shell, and preloaded with a few simple demo programs to show off its exciting capabilities. The Scribbler 3 can be programmed using our BlocklyProp visual language for Windows, Mac, or Chromebook, or with text-based programming languages like C and Spin.
Robotics with Blockly for Elementary and Middle School - Professional Development Course
With an abundance of programming options, the Scribbler 3 robot can fulfill the needs of any learning environment. We’ve had success integrating into curriculums for elementary classrooms through vocational robotics courses. You will see how authentic, hands-on learning with the Scribbler 3 is paired perfectly with our in-depth Learn website tutorials to develop logic-based problem solving skills. After the course, you will be able to explore and address real-world automation problems with your students as they learn, code, and test with the Scribbler 3 robot.
- Understand how to integrate the S3 Robot into your learning environment
- Familiarize yourself with the hardware and capabilities of the Scribbler 3 robot
- Configure BlocklyProp software for the S3 robot on your Mac, Windows, or Chromebook computer
- Learn basic visual programming with BlocklyProp
- Explore peripheral sensor options using the hacker port and expansion capabilities for advanced learning techniques
- Navigate and work through the main S3 tutorials on learn.parallax.com
- Learn about the S3 BlocklyProp Block References Help and how it will benefit your classroom
- Access the educator’s answer keys (with standards alignment and expansions) for the Learn tutorials.
This single day course is free and includes a Scribbler 3 robot - yours to keep after the class.
This course is most appropriate for educators teaching grades 5 through 9 – though educators for any level are welcome. No prior programming or robotics experience is required for this course. Gain 21st century skills that will benefit you and your classroom with BlocklyProp visual programming and the S3 robot.