The Arduino Uno is one of the most popular microcontrollers on the market today. Many schools have purchased Arduinos to try in their classrooms, but the resources commonly available are written by and for makers, not teachers and students. We have adapted our well-loved Boe-Bot and ActivityBot educational material to the Arduino Uno microcontroller so your students may gain the core skills already offered by the Parallax BASIC Stamp and Propeller platforms.
Our free web tutorials will guide you and your students through beginning Arduino programming with the BOE Shield, all the way to autonomous navigation of your Robot Shield with Arduino (Shield-Bot). The tutorial series features 8 chapters with over 40 unique activities that can be used as-is or easily modified to suit your curriculum. Our Learn website also has additional projects and contest ideas to optionally extend your program or introduce competition for afterschool clubs, robotics clubs, and more.
Get to know the Shield-Bot:
- Step-by-step assembly (1-2 hours)
- Powered by 5-AA batteries
- Suitable for grades 8+
- Programmed via USB
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook
- Program in Arduino
- Has an Arduino Uno "brain", and a Board of Education Shield
- Sensors use touch, visible light, and infrared light.
Resources for the Shield-Bot Robot:
- Robot Shield with Arduino (comes with Arduino Uno + programming cable)
- Robotics Shield Kit for Arduino (does not include Arduino Uno or programming cable)
- Arduino-compatible products and accessories
- Robotics for the Board of Education Shield tutorials on Learn
- Boe-Bot to Shield-Bot Retrofit Kit with Arduino Uno
Looking to discuss program options with a Parallax education team member, one-on-one? Call our Educator Hotline (8 am-5 pm PT, Monday through Friday): (916) 625-6801.
To set up a school purchase order or request a quote, call or email the Parallax Sales Department (8am-5pm PT, Monday through Friday): 888-512-1024 (916-624-8333 outside of US), or email@example.com. Quantity pricing is available.