The brain of our Boe-Bot robot is the BASIC Stamp microcontroller. Designed for the casual hobbyist or beginning student, the BASIC Stamp and its simple PBASIC language has proudly introduced an entire generation of students and self-learners to the fundamentals of robotics and programming.
Each Boe-Bot Robot kit includes a "Robotics with the Boe-Bot" textbook. With 8 full chapters and over 36 individual activities, this text provides 50+ hours of hands-on learning for your students. Optional hardware add-ons and project/contest ideas from our Learn website (learn.parallax.com) offer plenty of choice for personalizing and extending your program beyond the textbook. Replacement hardware and electronics packs can be purchased separately for inexpensive replenishment of common components that may go missing or get damaged with normal classroom use.
Get to know the Boe-Bot:
- Step-by-step assembly (1-2 hours)
- Powered by 4-AA batteries
- Suitable for grades 8+
- Programmed via USB, or Serial + USB adapter
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook
- Program in PBASIC, a very easy text-based language
- Uses the BASIC Stamp 2 single-core microcontroller
- Sensors use touch, visible light, and infrared light
Resources for the Boe-Bot Robot:
- Boe-Bot Robot Kit Options and Accessories
- Robotics with the Boe-Bot PDF Text Download
- BASIC Stamp Programming Software Options
- Boe-Bot Robot Projects on Learn
- Robot Competition Ideas on Learn
- Robotics for the Boe-Bot Educator Resources on Learn
Looking to discuss program options with a Parallax education team member, one-on-one? Call our Educator Hotline (8 am-5 pm PT, Monday through Friday): (916) 625-6801.
To set up a school purchase order or request a quote, call or email the Parallax Sales Department (8am-5pm PT, Monday through Friday): 888-512-1024 (916-624-8333 outside of US), or email@example.com. Quantity pricing is available.