Robotics with Python - Moreno Valley, CA
This course is geared toward middle school and high school educators, though all educators middle school through college are invited to apply.Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm 23100 Cougar Canyon Drive Moreno Valley, CA 92555
ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED FOR THIS COURSE
Robotics with Python: cyber:bot & micro:bit
If you’re interested in the micro:bit and especially the Python language, this is your Professional Development (PD)! This course is geared toward middle school and high school educators. The cyber:bot extends the use of the popular BBC micro:bit into real-time robotics using Python code. These are the core skills developed in all Parallax PD courses:
- Starting-from-scratch software and hardware setup, no experience required
- An introduction to circuit-building on a breadboard using real-world electronic components
- Beginner-level physical computing and best coding practices
- Step-by-step subsystem testing and troubleshooting to build engineering skills
Bring your own: Laptop computer running Windows 7/8/8/10 (not RT), Mac OS, or a Chromebook.
Specific Course Content and Learning Objectives
- Included in the course is cyber:bot with microbit kit. We will use time installing the software, building and programming the cyber:bot. It will include discussion and tips for implementing these topics into your classroom.
- Program the cyber:bot for driving distances and speeds, to use sensors for feedback and navigation, and develop an introductory use of Python language
- Learning objectives: build and program a cyber:bot; program the Microbit microcontroller in Python by writing programs that display messages, remember values, make computations with math operators, and interact with external circuits; and build circuits to apply principles of electronics, including voltage, resistance, current, signal generation, and signal monitoring.
- Parallax tutorials, standards correlations, and an answer key for educators. We will show you how to apply our cyber:bot in semester-long courses with a specific parts kit and syllabus.
Have questions about our robots and educational resources? Call the Parallax Educator Hotline at 916-701-8625 or email email@example.com.