Join our weeklong festivities in honor of Code.org®’s Computer Science Education Week and Hour of Code program. For more information regarding the Community Open House and Educational Tours, please see the information below and view our flyer. No registration needed!
Community Open House, 3 PM to 6 PM on December 5th and 6th
Interested in Parallax’s products? Come visit Parallax’s Open House! We will be hosting a variety of activities, including:
- Hourly tours of Parallax’s headquarters (3 PM, 4 PM, and 5 PM)
- Hands-on activities with the Scribbler 3, FLiP Try-it Kit and ActivityBot 360°
- Meet Parallax roboticists and learn about the history of Parallax and robotics, electronics and coding.
- The Parallax On-Site Shop will be open for all your robotics needs
- A raffle, goodies, and prizes!
All tour times have been booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss educational tours offered in 2019.
Calling all educators! Book a free 2.5 hour field trip to Parallax HQ with your class! We’re offering six tour times between Tuesday, December 4th and Thursday, December 6th. Each tour offers unique opportunities for students to engage their robotics interests, including:
- Introduction to coding and robotics with hands-on Hour of Code™ activities
- Discussion and Q&A session regarding Computer Science careers and the power of computational and programmatic thinking with Parallax staff
- A tour of live workspaces and manufacturing while discussing the product development process and challenges, new technology, and dreaming big with Parallax engineers
To coordinate a field trip, please fill out our interest form. With the limited amount of tour time slots during Computer Science Education Week, we suggest completing the form as soon as possible. Each time slot can accommodate one class of up to 36 students (chaperones welcome). Recommended 4th - 12th grades.