For over 16 years Parallax has been committed to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education. Parallax provides teachers, students, and self-learners the material they need to learn microcontroller and robotics programming. A variety of educational texts and kits have been designed for hands-on learning, starting from circuit design and continuing to advanced robotics. Schools around the world use parallax tools and hardware.
How Parallax Education is Different
- Low Cost - For under $200 learners can get started with their own robots
- Beginner-friendly - No programming experience needed.
- Open platforms - Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits.
- Solder-free - Experiment with custom circuits on breadboards (no special-brand connectors).
- Texts & Tutorials - Texts and tutorials on Learn.Parallax.com provide easy to follow tutorials.
- Programming - PBASIC and C for Propeller are easy to learn and introduce concepts found in most programming languages.
- Expandable Platforms - Allows for add-on sensors, autonomous navigation, and hardware expansion kits.
- Trainings - Parallax educator trainings based on our kits take place around the world.
- Elementary to University Level - Customize activities and difficulty level. Pick the right hardware for your level.
- Custom Kits - Combine our parts and make a special kit just for your students to purchase on our site.
- Educator Discounts* - Educators are eligible to receive 15% off all purchases.
- Samples* - Educators can request samples of our educational products.
- Forums - A public education forum as well as a private forum just for educators - includes solution sets & presentations. To gain access to our private educator forum, email email@example.com.
*For 15% educator discount on a purchase, simply send a school purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. To use a district-issued purchase card, write "call for card" on the P.O. For samples or Educators-only forum access, email email@example.com with (name, job title, subject/course, grade level, school name and address, phone, email). Discounts cannot be combined with any other discount or special price and are deducted from the quantity 1 price. If a higher posted quantity discount applies for specific products, it will be given. Custom Kits excluded.
Circuit building, PBASIC programming and robotics with the BASIC Stamp
Propeller C Comprehensive Learning System with circuit building, programming, and robotics
Teacher Resources, Tutorials, Applications, Testimonials, Contests
Find microcontroller texts and guides translated in many languages
Attend a class and learn about teaching with the BASIC Stamp and Propeller microcontrollers