THIS PART HAS BEEN RETIRED AND REPLACED BY THE RN-42 BLUETOOTH MODULE.
The Easy Bluetooth Serial Module is an effective and low-cost solution to free your hardware applications from wires. The module is small in size, and with its SIP header design, it can fit on any 0.1” spacing breadboards for rapid prototyping. The module is compliant with Bluetooth 1.x and 2.0 allowing it to communicate with a broad range of Bluetooth devices. The Easy Bluetooth Module is compatible with all the Parallax microcontrollers.
The module has two parts, the RBT-001 module and the SIP with voltage regulator PCB. With the on-board regulator, the module can be connected to voltages higher than 3.3 VDC (such as the Parallax Board of Education 5 VDC regulated supply) without worry of damaging the unit, while the RX and TX can utilize serial communication at CMOS and TTL levels.
- 1.x & 2.0 Bluetooth compliant
- Easy serial communication
- Class 2 operation (nominal range up to 30 m)
- Low power consumption
- On-board regulator for safe operations across various voltages
- Control a Boe-Bot robot via Bluetooth from a PC, mobile phone, or another Bluetooth module
- Communicate with a device or project wirelessly
- Power requirements: 3.3 to 5 VDC
- Communication: UART Command/Data Port supports for up to 921.6k baud rate
- Dimensions: 1.40 x 1.79 x 0.49 in (34.41 x 45.65 x 12.51 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +113 °F (0 to +45 °C)
Note: RBT-001 without SIP header is not a supported platform from Parallax Inc.Technical Support.
Downloads & Resources:
Easy Bluetooth Documentation v1.3 (.pdf)
RBT-001 Module - User Manual (.pdf)
Easy Bluetooth Software (.zip)
Easy Bluetooth Education Sample Code (.zip)
Easy Bluetooth Cell Phone Applet (.zip)
Easy Bluetooth Code For GUI (.bs2)
Easy Bluetooth AppNote (Bluetooth to Bluetooth Connection) (.pdf)
Easy Bluetoothx2demo (.zip)