Monday, 11 April, 2011
Welcome to the most recent edition of the Parallaxian e-newsletter. As always, we encourage you to contact us if there are particular products or topics you would like to see covered in future editions (email@example.com).
Upcoming Parallax Events:
We have no shortage of events to attend this Spring/Summer! Take a look at the calendar and plan to attend one of our fun (and FREE) events.
• 04/15/11 - National Robotics Week 2011: Open House at Parallax - Rocklin, CA
• 05/20/11 - Free Propeller Educator's Course - Rocklin, CA - (PDF Download)
• 05/21/11 & 05/22/11 - Unofficial Propeller Expo West - Rocklin, CA
• 06/25/11 - Unofficial Propeller Expo Central - Ottawa, IL
• 08/27/11 - Unofficial Propeller Expo North East - Norwalk, OH
…and many more. See our Events page for links to complete details and dates.
YouTube Videos by Jessica:
Jessica creates some pretty awesome videos for us here at Parallax, and she has many fans. You can watch some of her greatest hits on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/parallaxinc#p/f). The most recent video series highlights fun things you can do with the S2 robot, including:
• S2 Robot: Updates and Features
• Scribble your Name with the S2 Robot
• Getting Started with the S2 GUI
• S2 Robot Hokey Pokey
• …with more videos on the way!
You can also follow her latest electronic exploits on Twitter (http://twitter.com/parallaxianjess) or via her Blog on the Parallax Forums (http://forums.parallax.com/blog.php?54492-Jessica-Uelmen).
The latest addition to our Stamps In Class series of tutorials, Understanding Signals with the PropScope will guide you step-by-step from the basics through advanced electronic measurement techniques. All the circuits and design technique examples measured in the book are standard ingredients in electronic product designs, and are also widely used in science and industry.
• Understanding Signals with the PropScope Text - #122-32225; $19.99
• Understanding Signals with the PropScope Parts & Text - #32225; $229.00
The very popular Infrared Line Follower Kit from Parallax provides eight infrared emitter and receiver pairs for high-precision line-following applications. Mounting hardware for both the Boe-Bot and Stingray are also included for easy startup. See a video of the module in action.
• Infrared Line Follower - #28034; $34.99
Originally available in plywood, the magicians at the mill have rendered the Robot Base Kit in high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Ideal for medium-sized autonomous robotics system development, this sturdy platform can handle indoor and outdoor environments.
• Robot Base Kit (White) - #28976; $39.99
• Robot Base Kit (Black) - #28977; $39.99
The Wireless USB Hub and Adapter Kit enables you to connect any USB device wirelessly to your desktop or laptop PC. With Wireless USB you get all the functionality of USB, without the cable clutter. This will allow you to program the Propeller and BASIC Stamp using Windows XP. The distance is up to 30 feet line of sight.
• Wireless USB Hub - #28038; $39.99
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!
Click here to unsubscribe from the Parallaxian newsletter.
|(888) 512-1024 (Toll-Free from continental U.S.)
(916) 624-8333 (From elsewhere)
599 Menlo Drive
Rocklin, CA 95765