Build your own BASIC Stamp 2sx with this surface mount (SSOP) interpreter chip and other standard parts. All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 2sx module (#BS2SX-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications or those with limited PCB real estate, the BASIC Stamp 2sx interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 2sx are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter chip in a through-hole package (#PBASIC2SX/P).
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 2.0 and 2.5, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 2sx Interpreter firmware
- Processor Speed: 50 MHz; ~10,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 28-pin SSOP
- I/O pins: 16
- Voltage requirements: 3 to 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 60 mA Run, 500 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 0.30 x 0.40 x 0.06 in (7.8 x 10.2 x 1.75 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 F° (-40 to +85 °C)