Build your own BASIC Stamp 2e with this through-hole (DIP) interpreter chip and other standard parts. All the control and ease of programming that you have grown to appreciate in the BASIC Stamp 2e module (#BS2E-IC) is available with this chip and a few other components. Recommended for high volume applications, the BASIC Stamp 2e interpreter chip can be used on your own PCB as an OEM solution.
The three main components needed to build your own BASIC Stamp 2e are: 1) this PBASIC Interpreter Chip, 2) an EEPROM, 3) and a resonator; see Related Products.
We also offer the interpreter chip in a surface mount package (#PBASIC2E/SS).
- Small footprint for OEM PCB design
- Easily replaceable if socketed into PCB
- Completed circuit is programmed in PBASIC 2.0 and 2.5, an easy to learn language based on BASIC
- Interpreter chip is preprogrammed with the BASIC Stamp 2e Interpreter firmware
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz; ~4,000 PBASIC instructions/sec
- Package Type: 28-pin DIP
- I/O pins: 16
- Voltage requirements: 3 to 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 25 mA Run, 200 μA Sleep
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 0.30 x 0.40 x 0.06 in (7.8 x 10.2 x 1.75 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 F° (-40 to +85 °C)