Tilt the board to see the lights blink and hear the tones play! This little project kit is the perfect way to get started with multicore C programming and the Propeller Activity Board. The Propeller Tilt Tones project combines motion, lights and sound with just a few simple circuits to build on the Activity Board's solderless breadboard. Depending on which way you tilt the board, the 4-directional Tilt Sensor selects an LED to blink and a note to play on the piezo speaker. The Propeller C Tutorials and Tilt Tones project instructions guide you step-by-step through building and programming. Just follow the link below under Additional Resources.
- Build a fun, motion-controlled project with lights and sound
- Learn to program the multicore Propeller microcontroller
- All the components for the breadboard circuits are included
- A USB A to Mini-B cable is needed to program the Propeller Activity Board (sold separately, #805-00006).
- Program the Propeller Activity Board with the free SimpleIDE software for Windows or Mac.
- Your Propeller Activity Board can be powered directly from your computer's USB port. We recommend the 5-AA Battery Holder with Barrel Jack (#753-00007) as an external power source if you would like to make your project portable.
Power requirements: 5 V from USB port, or 6-9 VDC power supply with 2.1 mm center-positive barrel jack
- (1) Propeller Activity Board (#32910)
- (1) 4 - Directional Tilt Sensor (#28036)
- (1) LED-Green-T1 3/4 (#350-00001)
- (2) LED-Red - T1 3/4 (#350-00006)
- (1) LED-Yellow Diff-T1 3/4 (#350-00007)
- (4) Resistor, 220 ohm (#150-02210)
- (1) Piezo Speaker (#900-00001)
- (1) 3" Jumper Wires (1 bag of 10)