ELEV-8 your skills with this extremely durable and stylish multirotor; great for first-time flyers and experienced aviators alike. You'll be guided through every step of the assembly process with our exceptional online documentation and support. Easy to repair and open-source, the versatile ELEV-8 has endless potential applications: from recreational flying, to unparalleled, hands-on multirotor education, to professional aerial photography or video.
The ELEV-8 Quadcopter is lifted and propelled by four rotors (vertically-oriented propellers). Electronic Speed Controllers power each motor/rotor independently, so that by altering the relative rotational rates of these rotors, the ELEV-8 is able to move in any direction. A HoverflyOPEN Flight Controller powered by a Parallax Propeller 1 multicore microcontroller provides stabilization, creating a small, maneuverable, and agile aircraft.
Designed to be modifiable and repairable; we also carry compatible ELEV-8 accessories and replacement parts. An RC transmitter & receiver and lithium-polymer battery & charger are required, not included. See the online ELEV-8 V2 Assembly Guide for recommendations.
Key Features & Benefits
- Full, step-by-step online ELEV-8 V2 Assembly Guide
- Open underbody, 16 oz (0.45 kg) payload capacity with plenty of room for upgrades/accessories
- Robust and modular chassis keeps electronics well-protected yet allows for incredibly fast repairs
- Open-source design files: manufacture, customize, and upgrade components as you wish.
- Common #4-40 hardware; easily pick up extras or replacements at your local hardware store
- Every included component sourced for optimum performance
- Aerial photography/videography
- College education — take "hands-on" learning to a whole new level
- (Advanced) Aerial acrobatics — show off flips, loops, and all sorts of moves!
IMPORTANT NOTES AND WARNINGS: READ BEFORE PURCHASING
NOTE: This kit is not for beginners; it requires a moderate amount of skill to build and fly. Assembly takes approximately 6-12 hours, and model aircraft experience is highly recommended. In a classroom setting, it will take approximately 18 hours of class time for a pair of students to build a kit. "Mini" quadcopters are a great inexpensive and (nearly) indestructible way to grow your piloting skills.
NOTE: As stated above, a radio control transmitter and receiver, and lithium-polymer battery and charger are required for flight and are NOT included in the Kit. See the ELEV-8 V2 Assembly Guide for details and recommendations.
WARNING: Due to the size and speed of these ELEV-8 platforms, any operator failure to exercise caution can result in serious damage or injury to yourself or others. You MUST read and abide by all warnings and precautions, maintain an AMA membership, follow AMA and RCAPA guidelines, and comply with any applicable Federal, State, or Local laws.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Parallax Inc. is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of these Parallax Inc. products. You, the customer, assume full and unlimited responsibility for all customer ELEV-8 Multicopter applications and uses. Your purchase of this ELEV-8 product constitutes your agreement to hereafter assume full and total responsibility for your subsequent utilization of the ELEV-8 and you agree to defend, protect, save harmless, and indemnify Parallax Inc., its officers, and employees relative to your potential use and misuse of this product, in whole or in part. Should you disagree, please do not complete this purchase or return the complete un-assembled kit to the point of purchase.
By purchasing this product you agree to the above terms.
- (1) - HoverflyOPEN Flight Controller
- (4) - 1045C (Clockwise) propeller blades
- (4) - 1045CR (Counter-Clockwise) propeller blades
- (4) - Keda KA20-20L 1050 Kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
- (4) - Pre-programmed 30A Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC)
- (1) - Airframe kit with blue anodized aluminum booms and durable Delrin body plates
- (1) - Hardware kit with all the necessary screws, nuts, washers, and spacers
- (1) - Electronics kit with a power breakout cable and all the necessary wires and connectors
- (1) - Safety Glasses
- Motor axis diameter (excluding propellers): 25.75 inches (654 mm)
- Outer diameter (including propellers) 36 inches (914 mm)
- Total height: 7 inches (178 mm)
- As-sold weight (excluding battery and RC receiver): 40.7 ounces (1.15 kg)
- Ready-to-fly weight (including 3300 mAh battery and OrangeRX R620 receiver): 50.1 ounces (1.42 kg)
- Recommended maximum takeoff weight (MTOW): 66.1 ounces (1.87 kg)
- Approximate flight duration: 7-9 minutes (3300 mAh Battery) or 11-13 minutes (5000 mAh Battery). Flying at MTOW reduces flight time approximately 25%.
- Composite Propellers; 10 inch diameter, 4.5 pitch
- 30A Pre-programmed Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC) with battery eliminator circuit (BEC)
- Keda KA20-20L 1050 Kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
- Pre-assembled power breakout cable with 6 x 3.5 mm “Bullet” Connector outputs
- HoverflyOPEN Flight Controller with Invensense ITG-3200 gyroscopic sensor, powered by a Parallax Propeller 1 microcontroller.
For a complete Bill of Materials, view the ELEV-8 V2 Package Insert.
Hoverfly OPEN Users Guide - 2.94 MB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:57 pm
Hoverfly OPEN Schematic (PNG) - 92.88 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 4:24 pm
Hoverfly OPEN Schematic (SCH) - 145.47 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:58 pm
ELEV-8 V2 Technical Drawings - 331.62 KB | updated: 28 Jul 2014 - 3:34 pm
ELEV-8 Quadcopter V2 Package Insert - 70.2 KB | updated: 28 Jul 2014 - 3:43 pm
ELEV-8 V2 Computer-Aided Design Files - 391.54 KB | updated: 28 Jul 2014 - 3:35 pm