The Elev-8 Y-6 Multicopter is a flying robotics platform that is lifted and propelled by six fixed pitch rotors. Unlike other 'Tri-copter' platforms, the Y-6 has a motor mounted on the top and bottom of each boom. This 'double-stack' of the motors gives you added payload capabilities, and makes your system redundant in case of a sudden motor loss, making the platform safer to fly.
Aircraft stabilization is electronically controlled by the HoverFly board with Parallax's Propeller multicore microprocessor. The benefit to this system is a stable platform with no mechanical linkages, for a small, maneuverable, and agile aircraft.
This kit provides a durable way to get involved in the advanced multicopter arena. The kit includes; frame, mounting hardware, motors, speed controllers, propellers and the control board for flight stabilization (the only thing you need to provide is the RC radio equipment and a battery). We recommend a six channel RC radio.
The Elev-8 Y-6 Multicopter is an outdoor platform and has plenty of room for payload and attachments; up to 4lbs.
Note: This kit is not for beginners, it requires a moderate amount of mechanical skill to build and fly. The ELEV-8 Y-6 Multicopter kit requires an average of 8 hours to assemble; RC experience is highly recommended. Requires a power supply. We recommend ELEV-8 Li-Po Battery Pack (#752-00010) and the Tenergy TB6B Balance Charger (#752-00009).
- Open underbody for accessory and camera mounting
- Redundant flight platform enabled by the use of two motors per boom arm
- 4 pound payload capacity
- Open source design files available for you to download and use
- LED strips wrap horizontally around the motor booms giving you precise orientation markers
- Uses common 4-40 hardware that can be found in most local hardware stores
- Modular frame allows you to repair and modify your platform quickly and easily
- Land Mapping
- Aerial Video
- FPV Systems
- Remote inspections
WARNING: Due to the size of this platform, it can cause serious damage or injury. There is no protection around any of the propellers. We recommend using the RCAPA guidelines for safe use of this aircraft. Disclaimer of liability: Parallax Inc. is not responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of any Parallax Inc. products. You, the customer, assume full and unlimited responsibility for all customer ELEV-8 Y-6 Multicopter applications and uses.
- Assembled weight: 2.7 lbs (without batteries)
- Battery Requirements: 2x LiPo 3300mAh 3s 20C (Can use larger capacity 3s batteries if desired)
- Communication: Requires an RC Controller with at least 5 channels
- Dimensions: 21 3/4" (552mm) Motor center to motor center -- 10" (254mm) Height
Hoverfly OPEN Schematic - 145.47 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:58 pm
Hoverfly Open Board Schematic - 92.88 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 4:24 pm
ELEV-8 Y-6 Multicopter Kit Assembly Guide - 1.86 MB | updated: 22 Nov 2013 - 4:03 pm
Hoverfly OPEN Users Guide - 2.94 MB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:57 pm