Replaced by the ELEV-8 V2 Quadcopter Kit.
The ELEV-8 Quadcopter is a flying robotic platform that is lifted and propelled by four fixed rotors. There are no fixed wings; all of the lift is created from the rotors. Unlike standard helicopters, the quadcopter uses fixed-pitch blades, whose rotor pitch does not vary as the blades rotate; control of vehicle motion is achieved by varying the relative speed of each rotor to change the thrust and torque produced by each.
Aircraft stabilization is electronically controlled by the HoverFly board with Parallax's Propeller multicore microprocessor. The benefit to this system is a stable platform with no mechanical linkages, for a small, maneuverable, and agile aircraft.
This kit provides a durable way to get involved in the advanced quadcopter arena. The kit includes; frame, mounting hardware, motors, speed controllers, propellers and the control board for flight stabilization (the only thing you need to provide is the RC radio equipment and a battery). We recommend a six channel RC radio.
The ELEV-8 platform is large enough for outdoor flight and has plenty of room for payload and attachments (up to 2 lbs).
NOTE: This kit is not for beginners, it requires a moderate amount of mechanical skill to build and fly. The ELEV-8 quadcopter kit requires an average of 8 hours to assemble; RC experience is highly recommended.
- Open underbody for accessory and camera mounting
- Open source design files are available for you to download and use
- Modular frame allows for fast repairs and swapping of parts
- High strength chassis keeps your electronic components safe and protected
- Uses common 4-40 hardware that can be found at most local hardware stores
- 2 pound payload capacity
- Land mapping and surveying
- Real-estate observations
- Aerial video
- Light weight of 2.5 lbs fully assembled (without battery)
- 2 - Gem Fan 10x4.5 Composite Propellers
- 2 - Gem Fan Composite Pusher Propellers
- 4 - Gem Fan Plush mount 30A ESCs
- 4 - Gem Fan A2212-13 1000kv motors
- 4 - Anodized 6061 5/8" - .035 aluminum round tube
- Dimensions: 18 3/8" (467 mm) motor center to motor center -- 20 1/4" X 20 1/4" (514 mm) -- Main body/frame 7" X 7" (177 mm) -- Height 7" (177 mm)
WARNING: Due to the size and speed of these ELEV-8 platforms, any operator failure to exercise caution can result in serious damage or injury to yourself or others. Since there is no realistic means of providing absolute protection around the airframe and its propellers, you MUST follow the RCAPA and any applicable FAA guidelines for safe use of this aircraft.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Parallax Inc. is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of these Parallax Inc. products. You, the customer, assume full and unlimited responsibility for all customer ELEV-8 multicopter applications and uses.
Your purchase of this ELEV-8 product constitutes your agreement to hereafter assume full and total responsibility for your subsequent utilization of the ELEV-8 and YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, PROTECT, SAVE HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY PARALLAX INC., ITS OFFICERS, AND EMPLOYEES RELATIVE TO YOUR POTENTIAL USE AND MISUSE OF THIS PRODUCT. Should you disagree, please do not complete this purchase or return the complete un-assembled kit to the point of purchase.
By purchasing this product you agree to the above terms.
Hoverfly OPEN Users Guide - 2.94 MB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:57 pm
Hoverfly Open Board Schematic - 92.88 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 4:24 pm
Hoverfly OPEN Schematic - 145.47 KB | updated: 20 Sep 2012 - 3:58 pm
ELEV-8 Info and Assembly Guide - 4.3 MB | updated: 05 Sep 2013 - 9:42 am