This lithium ion pack is made of two balanced 2200 mAH cells for a total capacity of 4400 mAH. The cells are connected in parallel and spot-welded to a protection circuit that provides you with over-voltage, under-voltage and over-current protection. The protection circuitry keeps the battery voltage from going too high when charging and too low during use, which means the battery pack will cut-out when completely dead at 2.5 V.
Each cell can provide 2 C of current, so all together with a total capacity of 4400 mAH, you can draw just over 8 A. However, these batteries are not designed to sustain that current draw over long periods of time, and it is recommended to keep your current draw at or under 4 A.
The included JST 2-pin cable is rated for 2 A. If you are going to be pulling more than 2 A from the pack, you may want to consider changing to a different connector with a higher current rating.
- Small size allows you to install it in small projects and controllers
- Provides a long lasting, easily rechargeable power supply from embedded projects
- Circuit protection helps extend the life and performance of the pack
- Embedded control system power supply
- Backup supply
Warning: Even with the onboard circuit protection, it is very important that you only use a Li-Ion/LiPoly constant-voltage/constant-current charger to recharge the cells at a rate of 1.5 A or less.
- 2 x 2200 mAH Lithium Ion 18650-sized cells in parallel
- Max continuous discharge rate: 4 A
- Max charging rate: 1.5 A
- Weight: 3.5 oz / 95 g
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 1.5 x 0.71 in (69 x 37 x 18 mm)