Parallax is no longer shipping FTDI products to international addresses. Please contact your local FTDI distributor to purchase chips.The FT232RQ is a 32-pin QFN with an RoHS-compliant lead-free package (the FT232RQ is not available in a standard leaded package); it has an internal EEPROM, clock and passive components.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip - No USB-specific firmware programming required
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Megabaud (RS422 / RS485 and at TTL levels) and 300 baud to 1 Megabaud (RS232)
- 56 byte receive buffer and 128 byte transmit buffer utilizing buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- In-built support for event characters and line break condition.
- USB FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pins.
- Auto transmit buffer control for RS485 applications.
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- 48MHz, 24MHz,12MHz, and 6MHz clock output signal Options for driving external MCU or FPGA.
- FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang mode interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
- CBUS bit bang mode option
- Package Type: QFN-32
- Power Requirements: -0.5 to +6 VDC
- Communication: UART Interface
- Dimensions: .195 x .195 x .036 in (4.96 x 4.96 x .92 mm)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)