The DS1620 is a complete digital thermometer on a chip, capable of replacing the normal combination of temperature sensor and analog-to-digital converter in most applications.
The DS1620 can also operate as a standalone thermostat. A temporary connection to a controller establishes the mode of operation and high/low-temperature set points. After which the chip independently controls three outputs: T (high), which goes active at temperatures above the high-temperature set point; T (low), active at temperatures below the set point; and T (com), which goes active at temperatures above the high set point, and stays active until the temperature drops below the low set point.
- Measures in units of 0.5° Centigrade (C) from -55° C to +125° C. (In Fahrenheit (°F), units of 0.9° F and a range of -67° F to +257° F.
- Room temperature monitor
- Custom digital thermostat
Note: This component is included in the StampWorks Experiment Kit (#27297)
- Measures temperature within +/- 0.5°C error
- Converts temperature to digital word in 750 ms
- Interfaces with any Parallax microcontroller
- Voltage requirements: 2.7-5.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 1 mA (max), 1.5 uA (standby)
- Communication: 3-wire synchronous serial (SPI)
- Package: DIP-8 (.300")
- Operating temp range: -67 to +257 °F (-55 to +125 °C)