The L293D is designed to provide bi-directional drive currents of up to 600mA at voltages from 4.5 V to 36 V. Unlike the ULN2803 the L293D can source or sink current and is also known as a push-pull driver. Like the ULN2803 the L293D can drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids and stepper-motors in positive-supply applications. Inputs are TTL compatible. See the manufacturer datasheet for additional information.
- Output clamp diodes for inductive transient suppression
- Internal ESD protection
- Thermal shutdown
- High-noise-immunity inputs
- Stepper motor control
- DC motor with direction control
- High-current Lamp/LED driver
Note: Current ratings are affected by thermal considerations (heat sink).
- Voltage requirements: 4.5-36 VDC
- Current requirements: Current depends on load
- Communication: Four single inputs
- Package: DIP-16 (0.300")
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)