Create your own sophisticated hardware using programmable logic! The DE2-115 FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) development board includes an Altera Cyclone IV E and many additional components to connect and test out your hardware designs. Have you ever wanted a microchip that performs high-speed functions and includes features that you need but can not find in existing products? Now you can build one to your exact needs using the DE2-115 and a hardware description language like AHDL or VHDL. In fact, this is one of the systems Parallax R&D uses to build and prove the Propeller 2 multicore microcontroller design! Using the DE2-115 board and the Propeller 2 Design file (see downloads) you can experiment with our new Propeller 2 design right on your own workbench before the actual Propeller 2 silicon is available for purchase! Become an early adopter and help Parallax develop and test the many resources that will become the Propeller 2 product.
- Includes a powerful Cyclone IV FPGA pre-wired for easy programming and connection to internal or external devices and circuits.
- Create sophisticated logic hardware in minutes by simply writing software. Using a hardware description language, hardware is designed and tested, revised, and retested swiftly.
- Learn how to design intelligent controllers. The DE-series boards are a primary development platform for Altera's University Program.
- Propeller 2 early-adopter test system
- Fast, dedicated digital logic processors
- Custom autonomous systems
- Are you a student or educator? Contact our sales department (Toll-Free Sales: 888-512-1024, firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about educational pricing on this product.
- Are you a Propeller 2 early-adopter? Make sure to also get the DE2-115 Propeller 2 Emulator Add-on Board (60051) and the Prop Plug (#32201); Windows computer required.
- Cyclone IV EP4CE115 FPGA with 114,480 logic elements, up to 3.9 Mb of RAM, and 266 multipliers
- 528 User I/O pins
- 0.1" connector and High-Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC) connector for external circuitry connections
- On-Board Altera USB-Blaster and JTAG programming interface
- Memory includes 128 MB (32M x 32-bit) SDRAM, 32 Kb EEPROM, plus more
- Displays include 18 red and 9 green LEDs, eight 7-segment digits, and 2x16 LCD
- 18 switches and 4 push-buttons
- Connectors for audio, video, serial, USB, Ethernet, and keyboard/mouse
- Power supply
- USB A to B programming cable
- Software DVD
- Voltage requirements: 12 VDC
- Current requirements: 2 A (max)
- Communication: USB
- Dimensions: 8.25 x 6.0 x 1.375 in (21.0 x 15.2 x 3.5 cm)
- Operating temperature range: (unspecified) recommend: +60 to +90 °F (+15 to +32 °C)