XBee® Wi-Fi® embedded RF modules provide simple serial to IEEE 802.11b/g/n connectivity. By bridging the low-power/low-cost requirements of wireless device networking with the proven infrastructure of 802.11, the XBee Wi-Fi creates new wireless opportunities for energy management, process and factory automation, wireless sensor networks, intelligent asset management and more. Featuring easy provisioning methods and native Device Cloud by Etherios™ connectivity, XBee Wi-Fi modules give developers the fastest IP-to-device and device-to-cloud capability possible. Using the 802.11 feature set, these modules are interoperable with other 802.11 bgn devices, including devices from other vendors. With XBee, users can have their 802.11 bgn network up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Flexible SPI and UART interfaces provide flexible connection options
- Supports 802.11 b, g and n standards
- 802.11n provides up to 72 Mbps data rate
- Remote industrial control and monitoring
- Wireless data acquisition
Note: Because XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
- 10 digital I/O lines
- 4 12-bit analog inputs
- 13 channels
- Voltage requirements: 3.14 to 3.46 VDC
- Current requirements: Up to 309 mA (transmit), ~100 mA (receive), <6 uA (Power-Down)
- Communication: CMOS UART, SPI @ ~3.3V
- Dimensions: 0.960 x 1.297 x 0.225 in (2.43 x 3.29 x 0.572 cm)
- Operating temperature range: -22 to +185 °F (-30 to +85 °C)