The IS23SC4442 Smart Card provides 256 bytes of serial EEPROM accessible by Parallax’s Smart Card Reader (#32320). The pins of the IS23SC4442 are accessible through the gold plated contact pads embedded in the card.
- Features a 3-bit error counter and 3-byte programmable security code to prevent unauthorized write/erase operations to the card.
- Credit card-sized for easy portability
- Easy interface to any microcontroller
- Memory Organization: 256 x 8-bit
- 2.5 ms write time
- 1,000,000 erase/write cycles guaranteed with 10 year data retention
- Voltage requirements: 2.7 to 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 3 mA
- Communication: I2C (CMOS)
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 3 in (6.35 x 7.62 cm)
- Operating temp range: -22 to +167 °F ( 30 to +75 °C)
Note: Caution! The IS23SC4442 smart card does have a programmable security code (PSC) to prevent unauthorized erase/write operations to the card. By default, this code is set to $FFFFFF. A 3-bit error counter (EC) is used to track the number of unsuccessful verifications of the PSC. After three unsuccessful attempts, the EC will lock the chip from further access, and data can only be read and never written or erased from the card again. Please refer to the manufacturer’s datasheet for the complete communication protocol.
ISCSC4442 Smart Card BS2 Code - 9.54 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:07 pm
IS23SC4442 Smart Card Documentation - 53.26 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:06 pm
IS23SC4442 Smart Card Datasheet - 133.57 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:10 pm
IS23SC4442 Smart Card Propeller Code - 9.36 KB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:13 pm