With its 8 parallel-processsing cogs, the Propeller chip’s unique design makes a variety of otherwise difficult microcontroller applications relatively simple. This kit features breadboard-friendly versions of the Propeller chip, EEPROM and other core components making it easy and inexpensive for students to experiment while being able replace parts as needed.
- Propeller Education Kit Labs: Fundamentals Book - A comprehensive series of labs covering Setup and Testing, I/O and Timing, Methods and Cogs, Objects, and Counter Modules and Circuit Applications
- The Propeller DIP Plus Kit - A Propeller 40-pin DIP microcontroller “plus” all the electronic components and connectors for a fully functional system on a breadboard.
- Prop Plug - A USB to serial programming and communication tool. In addition to quick Propeller program downloads, it supports bidirectional Propeller-PC communication at up to 3 Mbps.
- PE Kit Project Parts - All the parts you’ll need to work through the Startup and Fundamentals labs in the Propeller Education series, chosen with students’ needs and budget in mind. Selected to demonstrate Propeller circuit design and programming concepts, it provides a solid components foundation as well as a launch pad to more advanced topics and specialized kits.
- Interconnecting Breadboards - 3 breadboards and 4 power rails interconnect and provide plenty of space to build the PE Platform and projects. Featuring extra sockets right where you need them, these quality boards make it easy to keep both simple and complex circuits well organized. With the Propeller and system electronics in the middle of the PE Platform, project circuits can fan out from I/O pins to breadboards on either side and terminate at the outer power rails. No more circuit spaghetti!
- Plastic Storage Box with adjustable compartments for your PE Platform project, parts, and room for a few extra tools as well. Great for organization, storage, or even transport in a backpack.
Note: The Propeller Education Series is designed for those with previous microcontroller programming and electronics experience. If you are new to programming and electronics, we recommend the BASIC Stamp Activity Kit.
- 1 - Propeller Education Kit Labs: Fundamentals Text (#122-32305)
- 1 - Plastic Box with Compartments (#110-32305)
- 1 - Propeller Plug with USB cable (#32201)
- 1 - Propeller DIP Pin Map Label (#120-00003)
- 1 - 100 ohm Resistor, 1/4 watt (#150-01011)
- 1 - 10 k-ohm Resistor, 1/4 watt (#150-01030)
- 2 - 1000 µF Capacitor, 6.3 V, electrolytic (#201-01085)
- 1 - 0.47 µF Capacitor, 25 V, electrolytic (#201-04740)
- 1 - Crystal Oscillator, 5 MHz, 20 pF (#251-05000)
- 1 - Green LED (#350-00001)
- 1 - Pushbutton, normally open (#400-00002)
- 1 - 4-pin right-angle header, SIP 0.1" (#451-00406)
- 1 - 2-pin male/male header (cut down from 36) (#451-03601)
- 1 - 9 V battery clip with 2-pin female header (#571-32305)
- 1 - 5 Volt Regulator (#601-00506)
- 1 - 3.3 Volt Regulator (#601-00513)
- 1 - 32K EEPROM, 8-pin DIP (#602-00032)
- 6 - 3" Jumper Wires, bag of 10 (#800-00016)
- 1 - Propeller microcontroller chip, 40-pin DIP (#P8X32A-D40)
- 1 - PE Project Parts Kit (#130-32000)
- 1 - Breadboard Set (#700-32305)
Propeller Education Kit Labs Fundamentals Text - 4.3 MB | updated: 26 Sep 2012 - 11:39 am
Propeller Education Kit Labs Fundamentals Example Code - 81.37 KB | updated: 26 Sep 2012 - 11:43 am
Propeller Education Kit - 40-Pin DIP Enhancements - 163.42 KB | updated: 26 Sep 2012 - 3:04 pm
PE Kit Project Parts Rev B Notice - 156.35 KB | updated: 26 Sep 2012 - 3:47 pm
Propeller Education Kit - 40-Pin DIP Box Insert - 3.52 MB | updated: 26 Sep 2012 - 3:34 pm