The Spinneret Web Server is a small, yet feature-packed development platform. The built-in microSD card socket and real-time clock allow ample room for time-stamped file and data storage, and the oversized EEPROM can store non-volatile data for use when there is no microSD card present.
The Spinneret Web Server is an Ethernet-based development board for the Propeller microcontroller. Web page content, files, and logs can be stored on a microSD card. The serial EEPROM has 32 KB for storing a Propeller program and 32 KB for non-volatile data storage, independent of the microSD card. There is a real-time clock controller for time stamping files and events and a backup capacitor that will keep the clock running through extended power outages. There is a serial programming header and two auxiliary I/O connections, one for level-shifted open collector communications over a three-pin data/power/ground cable, and the other is a 12-pin socket for direct 3.3 volt I/O connections. There are eight status LEDs on the circuit board, plus two that are repeated on the Ethernet jack. One of the status LEDs is user-controllable and shares a line with a button that can be read under user control. A second button resets the Propeller to reload the firmware from the EEPROM.
As an open-source hardware design, all design including layout, schematics, and firmware, are available under licenses that allow free distribution and reuse. This means that the Spinneret Web Server's design can be incorporated into new applications royalty-free and without a non-disclosure agreement.
- 8-core 32-bit P8X32A microcontroller for true multiprocessing
- MicroSD card socket for data logging or file hosting
- Real-time clock controller with backup capacitor for accurate timestamps
- WIZnet W5100 Ethernet controller offloads TCP/IP stack, using minimal Propeller resources
- 3-pin header with level converter for communications with 5-volt devices
- Embedded web server or network appliance
- Sensor networks
- Embedded networked control system
Note: A Prop Plug is required to program the Spinneret Web Server. Firmware is not included.
- 64 KB EEPROM for program and non-volatile data storage
- User-accessible pushbutton and LED
- 3.0 to 3.6 or 4 to 9 VDC
- 175 mA typical when idle
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet and 3.3 to 5 volt asynchronous serial
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 1.35 x 0.67 in (9.7 x 3.4 x 1.7 cm)
- Mounting hole centers separated by 3.5 x 1.0 in (88.9 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +185° F (-40° to +85° C)
Spinneret Web Server Documentation - 826.18 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 1:45 pm
Spinneret Web Server Bill of Materials - 69.38 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 1:47 pm
Spinneret Web Server DIP Files - 414.93 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 1:50 pm
Spinneret Web Server Schematic - 41.89 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 1:52 pm
PropCAM Drivers and HTML Documents - 129.99 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:19 am
PropCAM-DB Webcam Demo - 52.27 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:26 am
PropCAM-DB Product Guide - 563.84 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:31 am