The Altimeter Module is a high resolution (20 cm) altimeter sensor. It will give extremely accurate, altitude, pressure, and temperature readings.
The module includes a high-linearity barometric pressure sensor and a high-resolution temperature output, allowing implementation of an altimeter/thermometer without any additional sensors. Different operation modes allow the user to optimize for conversion speed or current consumption. The module is designed for use with a large variety of microcontrollers with different voltage requirements.
This module is well-suited for high-altitude ballooning and has been used with great success in that role.
- 24-bit pressure and temperature values
- Wide pressure range
- Successfully tested at 120,000 feet
- Mobile altimeter / barometer systems
- Rate of Climb and Descent Indicator (RCDI)
- High altitude balloons
- Height sensing
- Weather station
- Altitude hold for UAVs
- IMU builds
- Pressure range of 10 –1200 mbar
- Thermometer of -40 to +85 °C with <.01 °C resolution
- Power Requirements: 3.3 to 6.5 VDC
- Communication Interface: I2C (up to 400 kHz) or SPI (20 MHz)
- Dimensions: 0.85 X 0.80 in (2.16 X 2.03 cm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)