The main plate of this Robot Base Kit is a high-quality, machined in the USA disc (3/8" thick by approx 18" dia.) crafted from Black, High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE). Ideal for medium-sized autonomous robotics system development, this sturdy platform can handle indoor and outdoor environments quite well. HDPE is a perfect Mobile Robotic material because it can be drilled, cut, modified, shaved with common wood-working tools (like routers, drills, jig and table saws). It's impervious to water so it won't swell, crack, or splinter like wood.
This kit includes the Base plate, Acrylic Battery Shelf, and a set of mounting hardware for attaching the 12 V Motor Mount and Wheel Kit (#27971), and two Caster Wheel Kits (#28971); kits sold separately.
- 18" diameter Base Platform with cut-outs and holes for mounting motors
- Pre-drilled holes all around the plate for attaching PING))) Ultrasonic Distance SensorPING))) (#28015) or Sharp IR (#28995) sensors
- Pre-drilled holes to accept (2) Caster Wheel Kits (#28971) and (2) Motor Mount and Wheel Kits (#27971)
- Other pre-drilled holes for accessories and upper deck standoff as well
- This Robot Base Plate is the foundation for our MadeUSA (#28970) and Eddie (#28992) Mobile Robotic systems
- Building a Robot
- Dimensions: .375" thick by 18.0" dia. (1.0 thick x 45.7 dia. cm)