The PropCAM-DB is a daughterboard that gives black-and-white (grayscale) vision to Parallax Propeller-based systems. It is directly plug-compatible with both the Propeller Backpack (#28327) and the Spinneret (#32203). With the DB-Expander (#28325) adapter, it will also accommodate other Propeller host systems.
Images captured by the PropCAM can be displayed on a TV monitor (using the Propeller Backpack or other Propeller modules) or on a webpage (using the Spinneret). The images can also be examined and manipulated for use by machine and robotic vision applications.
- 128 x 96-pixel digital grayscale (8-bit) image sensor, using as few as 6144 bytes of Propeller RAM for an image (4-bit pixels)
- 3.6mm focal-length lens
- Fast real-time imaging and individual snapshots, with shutter speeds down to 200 microseconds
- Simultaneous exposure of all pixels: no “rolling shutter” artifacts
- Direct connection to Propeller chip: no intermediate controller required
- Uses Kodak KAC9360 sensor, whose full datasheet is readily available without a non-disclosure agreement, permitting user modification of open-source driver firmware
- Mezzanine socket suitable for strobes and other accessories.
- Vision-based inspection systems
- Motion detection
- Networkable webcam (using Spinneret)
- Ham radio TV transmission
NOTE: This product comprises a limited edition of 1500 units total. The package label indicates how far into the total edition each unit represents. This information is provided to help customers plan for the PropCAM's inevitable end-of-life, so they won't be caught short.
- Power Requirements: 3.0 to 3.6 VDC @40 mA. (avg.)
- Communication Interface: Digital 4-bit parallel and 8-bit serial
- Operating temperature: -49 to +185 °F (-45 to +85 °C)
- Dimensions: 1.35 x 1.35 x 1.50 in. (35 x 35 x 38 mm)
- Exposure times via downloadable drivers ranging from 0.2 ms to 20 ms.
Compatible Propeller Modules
- Propeller Backpack (direct plug-in)
- Spinneret (direct plug-in)
- Other Propeller boards via the DB Expander and (optionally) the DB Extension Cable
- TCS3200 Color Sensor
- TSL1401 Linescan Image Sensor
- Proto-DB Prototyping Daughterboard
PropCAM-DB Product Guide - 563.84 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:31 am
PropCAM Drivers and HTML Documents - 129.99 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:19 am
PropCAM-DB Webcam Demo - 52.27 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:26 am
PropCAM-DB Autoexposure and Real-time Video Display Demo - 39 KB | updated: 13 Dec 2013 - 10:28 am