The Gas Sensor Board is designed to work in conjunction with one of the gas sensors listed below (not included) allowing you to determine when a preset gas level has been reached or exceeded.
- CO (Carbon Monoxide) Gas Sensor (#605-00007)
- CH4 (Methane) Gas Sensor (#605-00008)
- LPG (Propane) Gas Sensor (#605-00009)
- C2H5OH (Alcohol) Gas Sensor (#605-00011)
The gas sensor simply plugs into the Gas Sensor Board, making it easy to use these sensors in embedded projects. The board can interface to a microcontroller with only two I/O pins, allowing the sensor to be controlled and monitored automatically.
- SIP header interface with 0.1" spacing for easy connection to prototyping boards or extension cables
- Controllable internal heater facilitates accurate measurements
- Low-power standby mode reduces power usage for embedded projects
- Only two microcontroller I/O pins required for operation
- Gas level over-limit alarm
- Stand-alone/background sensing device
- Environmental monitoring equipment
- Voltage requirements: 5 VDC
- Current requirements: ~165mA (heater on), ~60mA (heater off)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW); 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Dimensions: 1.50 x 1.0 x 1.0 in (38.1 x 25.4 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating temp range: 14 to 122 °F (-10 to +50°C)
- The Gas Sensor Board requires one of our sensors, a source of gas for calibration and a tiny flathead screwdriver.
- The Gas Sensor Board and individual gas sensors replace the discontinued product numbers listed below. Please note that on boards labeled 27983 pin 2 is active-high, and on boards labeled 27904, 27930, 27931, and 27932, pin 2 is active-low.
- #27983 + #605-00007 replaces #27931 – CO Gas Sensor Module
- #27983 + #605-00008 replaces #27930 – CH4 Gas Sensor Module
- #27983 + #605-00009 replaces #27932 – LPG Gas Sensor Module
- #27983 + #605-00011 replaces #27904 – C2H5OH Gas Sensor Module