This Incremental Rotary Encoder provides 16 pulses per revolution via 2-bit quadrature outputs. 3-pin SIP header provides easy breadboard connection. This encoder rotates continuously through 360 degrees and provides detent to hold position. Used with a pushbutton this encoder could provide a complete menu / input system for your microcontroller.
- Low-cost input device (can replace multiple switches or potentiometers)
- Less than 1" square fitting into even smaller enclosures
- 100,000 life cycles for reliability and long life
- 1/4" threaded shaft w/flatted end for knob, mounts in enclosure or on PCB
- Menu selection
- Digital volume/tone control
- Electrical Ratings: 250 mA @ 28 VDC (Max) / 1.5 mA @ 115 VAC (Max)*
- Interface: 2-bit quadrature (gray) code
- Dimensions: 0.925 x 1.020 x 1.093 in (23.50 x 25.91 x 27.76 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Note: Please refer to the datasheet for additional information on electrical and mechanical specifications.
Incremental Encoder Datasheet - 239.05 KB | updated: 04 Oct 2012 - 3:47 pm