The BASIC Stamp® 2 OEM Module (Kit Form) is a through-hole version of the popular BASIC Stamp 2 module that you can build yourself. The kit includes the PBASIC2 interpreter, EEPROM, resonator, DB-9, and all the resistors and transistors needed to build a BASIC Stamp 2 module. When completed, the PCB is a 20-pin SIP module with standard 0.1" spacing.
This is a fully-functional BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller. It is programmed using our BASIC Stamp Editor for Windows just like the BS2-IC module.
- Designed to teach the BASIC Stamp 2 circuitry to aid in designing smaller integrated modules using SMT components
- PCB includes labeled component locations with visible traces between parts making it easy to visually follow all electrical paths
- PBASIC2 interpreter and EEPROM are socketed to allow for easy replacement
- Completed module fits into breadboards and prototyping PCBs
- Assembled board: 20-pin SIP (0.1" spacing)
- Voltage requirements: 5.0 to 7.5 VDC
- Current requirements: 10 mA
- Communication: Serial
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.55 in (51 x 51 x 14 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- 4.7K 1/8W 5% Resistor (#150-04720)
- 10K 1/8W 5% Resistor (#150-01030)
- 10uF Electrolytic Capacitor (#201-01062)
- 0.1uF Mono Radial Capacitor (#200-01040)
- 2N3904 Transistor (#500-00001)
- 2N3906 Transistor (#500-00003)
- PBASIC2/P 28-pin Interpreter Chip (#PBASIC2/P)
- 24LC16B EEPROM (#602-00001)
- Brown-Out Voltage Detector (4.2 VDC) (#603-00002)
- 20 MHz Ceramic Resonator (#250-02060)
- LM2940-5.0 Voltage regulator (#601-00506)
- Soldering skills are required; work in a well-ventilated area and use proper safety equipment and procedures.
- Low-power mode is only available when the regulator is removed and the BASIC Stamp 2 OEM module is powered via the vdd pin. The Parallax warranty is voided if the OEM kit is not assembled and soldered as per the printed instructions included in the kit. Contact Technical Support if you have any questions relating to the assembly of this product.
- Once assembled, this product is NOT eligible for returning to Parallax.
BASIC Stamp Editor Software - 18.4 MB | updated: 02 Jul 2014 - 1:58 pm
BASIC Stamp Manual - 5.2 MB | updated: 24 Sep 2012 - 2:06 pm
BASIC Stamp 2 OEM Component List - 55.49 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 9:59 am
BASIC Stamp 2 OEM Manual - 274.22 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 10:07 am
BASIC Stamp 2 OEM Schematic - 62.86 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 10:10 am
BASIC Stamp 2 OEM Gerber Files - 100.89 KB | updated: 25 Sep 2012 - 10:14 am