- By: Jen Jacobs Published: 10 July, 2014 0 comments
A customer recently noticed a couple of BASIC Stamp 2 modules in the movie The Hangover III and mentioned it to Parallax’s own Chris Savage. This got us thinking about all the times we’ve noticed our products on the big screen over the years. Of course our products get used frequently as the brains of special effects props, but sometimes they creep onto the set to make someone or something look more high tech.
Some Parallax product appearances in movies include:
- The Hangover III (2013) - Two BASIC Stamp 2 modules appear on the PCB of a wall alarm panel
- The Amazing Spiderman (2012) - Peter Parker develops web shooter technology on a Propeller Professional Development Board with a PropStick USB is inserted into the lower right corner of the breadboard
- Law Abiding Citizen (2009) - Early scene, main character solders on some Propeller Proto Boards
- Spy Kids 3D: Game Over (2003) - Spy Detector Gadget Assembly (EFX-TEK Prop-1)
- X-Files: Fight the Future (1998) - Agent Mulder discovers a bomb on the back of a vending machine in FBI headquarters before it detonates
Chris Savage runs a forum of his own called Savage///Circuits where he has compiled a list of Parallax product appearances on television and in the movies. To view this more extensive group of screen captures, check out Chris Savage’s blog here: http://www.savagecircuits.com/entry.php?40-Parallax-in-Movies-amp-Television
Have you spotted any Parallax products on the big (or small) screen lately? We’d love to hear about it!