- By: Parallax Insider Published: 04 September, 2013 0 comments
Or did we? As you may have noticed, we launched our brand new multicore ActivityBot Robot for hobby and education yesterday. Unlike our other robotics kits this one doesn’t come with a printed book. As a company that is known for its hugely popular self-guided electronics textbooks and thorough documentation, this may seem like a big departure.
So, why no book? We felt that supplying the same outstanding resources online at our Learn.Parallax.com site, rather than in printed form, provides a number of benefits to you:
- We can provide fresh updates, new activities, and bonus projects faster
- We added more sensors, instead of more paper, to the kit
- Web version can be used with online translation tools
- Less weight lowers your shipping costs and use less fuel
- New smaller packaging accommodates a built up robot, instead of a book
- To work off-line, go to the first page of the web tutorial and click "Printer-friendly version" to save or print the entire tutorial from a single file.
For those of you familiar with the Robotics with the Boe-Bot text, Parallax continues to remain committed to serving educators and self-learners. With the ActivityBot we have built off the success of the Boe-Bot and have adapted key electronics principles to this new multicore Propeller chip based robot, to take your teaching or learning one step further. With our simplified libraries and ever-expanding ActivityBot tutorials, you can be programming multicore in C in no time.