The Spinneret Web Server is a low-power, low-cost embedded web server development platform. Parallax Inc. And WIZnet Co. Ltd. are joining together to host a design contest to promote open-source hardware projects based on the Spinneret Web Server.
As an open-source hardware platform, the Spinneret Web Server can be used as a stand alone web server, built into larger projects, or used as a reference design. The Spinneret Web Server design contest will promote further open-source hardware development.
Use the Spinneret Web Server to connect most any electronics project to a local Ethernet network or to the internet. With an onboard Propeller it can be directly programmed to perform many useful tasks, all while consuming far less than one watt of power. Among other features, a microSD card socket and real-time clock controller are built in, for ample file storage of web page content, files, and logs. An expansion is available for customization.
- Propeller microcontroller
- WIZnet W5100 Ethernet controller
- MicroSD card socket
- Real-time clock controller with backup capacitor
- Power Requirements: 3.0 to 3.6 or 4 to 9 VDC, 175 mA typical when idle
- Communication Interface: 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet and 3.3 to 5 volt asynchronous serial
- Operating temperature: -40 to 185 °F (-40 to 85 °C)
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 1.35 x 0.67 in (9.7 x 3.4 x 1.7 cm) mounting hole centers separated by 3.5 x 1.0 in (88.9 x 25.4 mm)