XBee 802.15.4 and ZB modules are not compatible.
Manufacturer part number: XB24-AWI-001
The Digi XBee 802.15.4 modules are the easiest-to-use, most reliable and cost-effective RF devices we’ve experienced. The 802.15.4 XBee modules provide two friendly modes of communication – a simple serial method of transmit/receive or a framed mode providing advanced features. XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network.
Choosing the right XBee module is best accomplished by taking a look at our XBee Comparison Chart. You only need to choose an antenna style (chip or wire) and power level (1mW for up to 300ft and 60 mW for up to 1 mile).
Because the XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board (# 32400) so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
The alternate style of XBee 1mW Chip Antenna (XB24-ACI-001) (#32404) is also available.
- Parallax support
- Wire antenna
- Cross-compatibility with other 802.15.4 XBee modules
- Low-power sleep modes
- 100 ft (30 m) indoor/urban range and 300 ft (100 m) outdoor line-of-sight range
- Configured with API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 8 digital I/O and (7) 10-bit ADC inputs
- 802.15.4 network topology
- Multiple antenna options
- Remote controlled Boe-Bot robot
- Wireless data acquisition
- Remote signal beacon for adventure seekers
- Remote industrial monitoring
- Lighting control
- Keyless entry
- Up to 115.2 kbps interface data rate
- 2.4 GHz frequency band (accepted world-wide)
- Industrial temperature rating (-40C to 85C)
- Transmit power 1 mW (+0 dBm)
- Supply voltage 2.8-3.4 VDC; transmit current 45 mA; receive current 50 mA
- Power-down current <10 uA
- 3.3V CMOS UART interface level
- Wire antenna dimensions: Height: 1.06 inches, Diameter at Base: 1.07 inches, Diameter at Widest Point of Tip: 0.124 inches. Antenna is a solder mount, wire can be bent at 90 degrees 1/8" from base.
Note: Also see XBee Comparison Chart for side-by-side specification comparisons.
Downloads & Resources:
XBee Transceiver AT-API Object (OBEX)
Digi XBee Product Documentation (Off Site)
X-CTU Configuration Utility (Off Site)