This product is no longer availble.
Want to learn how to surface solder but don’t know where to start? Parallax Inc has partnered with SchmartBoard to create an easy Propeller prototyping system in the form of a kit.
This kit is a perfect starting point - the SchmartBoard technology makes surface mount soldering easy. Once completed, the board will host Parallax's most powerful microcontroller on this convenient development platform, allowing access to all 32 I/O pins of the multicore Propeller chip. Kit includes surface-mount and through-hole package types for some components, offering a soldering choice and challenge.
- Propeller P8X32A-Q44 microcontroller
- Header sockets for easy access to the Propeller I/O pins
- 512KB EEPROM for program and data storage
- SchmartBoard technology for easy surface mount soldering
- 3.3 & 5.0 VDC on-board regulators
- Surface mount and through-hole components to populate the board
- Barrel jack for 2.1 mm center-positive 6-9 VDC power supply (not included)
- 4-pin programming header for the Prop Plug (not included)
- Power requirements: 6 to 9 VDC
- Communication: Serial for programming via Prop Plug (not included)
- Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 0.56 in (50.6 x 50.6 x 14.45 mm)
- Operating temp range: -32 to +158 °F (-0 to +70 °C)
Click through for a close-up.
Note: Prop Plug (#32201) required for programming, not included. We reccommend our 7.5 VDC 1 Amp Power Supply (#750-00009). Requires assembly; height of module may differ based on soldering technique.
Downloads & Resources:
P8X32A-Q44 Schmartboard Documentation (.pdf)