The Parallax Digital I/O Board Kit enables your microcontroller to interface to high voltage circuits allowing you to read up to 8 optically isolated inputs and control up to 8 isolated outputs. Inputs can be a voltage from 5-30VDC (AC compatible) and outputs can be either mechanical or solid state relays that can switch up to 8A loads, such as cooling fans, solenoids, heating elements and more.
Simple parallel input/output control for ease of use or you can use the serial interface to minimize I/O pin usage. The logic circuits operate from 3.3V to 5V making them compatible with most microcontrollers. The ICs in the kit are all socketed making replacement easy should it ever be necessary. 8 green and 8 red LEDs indicate the status of input and outputs. 2 yellow LEDs indicate relay/logic power. Inputs can be configured to handle a different range of input voltages.
This kit does not include Omron 12A SPDT or Sharp 8A Solid State Relays, they must be purchased separately. This kit requires relays to operate.
- Mechanical or Solid State Relay output
- Configurable Input Voltage range
- Serial or parallel interface to inputs/outputs
- LED indication of power and input/output status
- AppMod compatible connection for Board of Education
- Isolated power control of high voltage/current devices from your microcontroller, such as heating elements, blower fans, solenoids, lighting systems and more
- Isolated monitoring of high voltage signals such as doorbell, alarm or other signals.
- (3) CAP-MONO,0.1uF,100V,10%,X7R,RADIAL - 200-01040
- (1) CAP-ELEC,1000uF,25V,20%,RADIAL - 201-01075
- (8) Red T1-3/4 LED - 350-00006
- (8) Green T1-3/4 LED - 350-00001
- (8) DIO-RECT,1V,400V,1A,AXIAL - 501-00006
- (1) DIO-SHKY,0.6V,40V,3A,AXIAL - 501-00007
- (2) Yellow T1-3/4 LED - 350-00007
- (21) 2-position Terminal Block - 452-00012
- (1) 2.1mm DC Barrel Jack - 452-00007
- (1) CON-HDR,2X10,0.1",0.1",DIP - 452-00049
- (1) CON-HDR,2X5,0.1",0.1",DIP - 452-00048
- (1) 3-pin SIP Header - 451-00301
- (1) 2-pin SIP Header - 451-00201
- (2) 2-pin Jumper (Shunt) - 452-00009
- (1) RES-NTWK,8-ISO,1K,1/4W,2%,DIP - 179-00050
- (1) RES-CF,1K,1/4W,5%,AXIAL - 150-01020
- (8) RES-CF,560,1/4W,5%,AXIAL - 156-02235
- (9) RES-CF,220,1/4W,5%,AXIAL - 150-02210
- (9) RES-CF,10K,1/4W,5%,AXIAL - 150-01030
- (8) RES-CF,1.5K,1/4W,5%,AXIAL - 156-02240
- (8) CON-SCKT,2x3,0.1",0.3",DIP - 452-00052
- (1) CON-SCKT,2x9,0.1",0.3",DIP - 452-00053
- (2) CON-SCKT,2X8,0.1",0.3",DIP - 452-00054
- (8) IC-OPTO,4N25,DIP-6 - 602-01040
- (1) ULN2803 - 500-00005
- (1) 74HC595 - 602-00009
- (1) 74HC165 - 602-00010
- (1) PCB,DIGITAL I/O BOARD,A - 300-27113
- Power requirements: 12VDC @ 1A for relay power and 3.3 – 5VDC for logic power
- Communication: Parallel or Synchronous Serial
- Operating temperature: +32 to +158°F (0 to +70°C)
- Dimensions: 7.25 x 4.5 x 1.0 in (184.1 x 114.3 x 25.4 mm)
Click through for a close-up.
Note: This kit requires soldering experience for assembly.
Warning: This product is capable of switching high voltages. Observe the safety precautions included in the product documentation.
Downloads & Resources:
Digital IO Board Docs v1.1 (.pdf)
Digital IO Board Schematic (.pdf)
Digital IO Board BASIC Stamp Code (.zip)
Featured on Savage Circuits Episode 1 @7:00 (YouTube)