For a RoHS-compliant kit with the latest “What’s a Microcontroller?” v3.0, purchase the BASIC Stamp Activity Kit – Serial + USB (90005).
Know electronics and want to learn programming? Or know programming and want to learn electronics? Learn both side-by-side with BASIC Stamp Activity Kit!
Want to make your own inventions? Learn circuit-building and programming at the same time with the BASIC Stamp microcontroller! It’s a tiny on-board computer like the ones found in many electronic devices. Discover how common components work as you go step-by-step through 40 hands-on activities in the 350-page What’s a Microcontroller? text. Side-by-side schematics and wiring diagrams give you confidence in building the circuits, and each example program is followed by a detailed explanation so you learn as you go. Here's what you will learn to do:
- Build simple circuits with schematics and wiring diagrams
- Write programs in PBASIC to control the circuits
- Send signals by blinking LEDs
- Sense contact with pushbuttons
- Read a dial using a potentiometer
- Measure light with a photoresistor
- Control motion with a servo motor
- Play tunes on a piezo speaker
- Display data on a 7-segment LED
- Combine several circuits to integrate subsystems
- HomeWork Board with a built-in BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller
- What's a Microcontroller? Text v2.2 with 40 hands-on activities
- Electronic input, output, and passive components for building circuits
- Serial cable and USB cable, USB to Serial Adapter included
- Complete components listing
NOTE: This kit comes in a bag. The (90005) BASIC Stamp Activity Kit (text v3.0) kit comes in a box. If you would like to use this kit with the free PDF of “What’s a Microcontroller?” v3.0, see the “What’s New in WAM 3.0” pdf for the differences in electronics components. This PDF is posted on the What’s a Microcontroller Resources page.
Quantity Discounts Contact Sales at email@example.com or 888-512-1024.
Buy a 10-Pack for $250 ($25 each)
Free resources! Download the complete What's a Microcontroller text v2.2 PDF free, as well as programming software, select example code, Stamps in Class Mini Projects and YouTube videos, translations, and more from the What's a Microcontroller Resources Page below.
Once you've mastered the basics, you can expand your horizons with Robotics with the Boe-Bot, Smart Sensors and Applications, Understanding Signals, and other Parts & Text Kits in the Stamps in Class series.
Click to Watch Video
Downloads & Resources:
What's a Microcontroller Resources
HomeWork Board USB docs (.pdf)
HomeWork Board Serial docs (.pdf)
Stamps in Class Program Overview