This kit uses QTI infrared emitter/receiver modules to easily enhance the line-following capability of your Boe-Bot robot. Mount three or four sensors underneath the Boe-Bot chasis, and adjust the position to detect lines of different widths. Learning to use the QTI is easy with the illustrated instructions and example BASIC Stamp code provided.
- Designed for close proximity infrared detection
- Use as a digital sensor array to detect black lines in order to follow electrical tape courses or navigate mazes
- Use as an analog sensor to detect shades of gray
- Challenge your friends by setting up Boe-Bot line following competitions!
This kit includes all the circuit and sensor hardware you need to add QTIs to your Boe-Bot:
- (4) 10 k 1/4 watt resistors
- (4) 3-pin male-male headers
- (4) QTI sensor modules
- (4) 3/8" 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) nylon washers
- (4) 1" round standoffs
- (4) 7/8 inch 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) ½ inch round spacers
- (2) bags of 10 3" jumper wires
- (4) 10 inch servo cable extenders
- Printed 6-page documentation (view it below)
You will need to supply your own Boe-Bot, white poster board, and black electrical tape.
Assembled Boe-Bot with QTI sensors:
Downloads & Resources:
QTI Line Follower AppKit Documentation v2.0 (.pdf)
Example Source Code (.zip)