This low cost XBee 3.3-5V Adapter Board comes in partially assembled kit form and provides a cost-effective solution for interfacing your microcontroller to any XBee or XBee Pro module (see Associated Modules below). A voltage regulator and 74LVC244A buffer is included onboard for safe interfacing to a 5 V supply, allowing for easy compatibility with any Parallax microcontroller.
A USB version XBee USB Adapter Board (#32400) and non-USB version of the XBee Adapter Board (#32403) are also available.
- Onboard 3.3 V regulator and 5 V to 3.3 V logic converters
- Four status indicator LEDs for Power, RSSI, Associate, and mode (sleep/ON)
- Converts XBee 2mm pin spacing to breadboard friendly 0.1" spacing
- Provides easy pluggable wire or solder connections
- Pin out compatible with other XBee Adapter Boards
- Partially assembled kit form for flexible configuration
- Compatible with all Parallax 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- (1) XBee 5V/3.3V Adapter PCB
- (2) 10-pin 2mm sockets
- (1) 40-pin SIP header
- Soldering iron
- Diagonal cutter or hobby knife
- Power requirements: 3.3-5 VDC
- Communication: Serial pass-through to XBee module
- Dimensions: 1.51 x 1.00 x 0.58* in (38.3 x 25.6 x 14.8*mm)
* when headers are attached
- Operating temp range: -40 to +158 °F (-40 to +70 °C)
Note: The FAN2500S33X regulator used on Rev A of this adapter is rated at 100 mA continuous, 300 mA peak current. The regular XBee modules (Series 1 and Series 2) draw less than 55 mA, but XBee Pro modules can draw over 200 mA when in a continuous-transmit state. While this adapter board can supply enough current for the intermittent transmissions of XBee Pro modules typical to many common uses, applications requiring continuous, sustained transmissions from XBee Pro modules would be better suited to the XBee SIP Adapter (#32402), or the XBee Adapter Board (#32403) with an external regulator (not included).
Soldering assembly required.
Downloads & Resources:
XBee RF Module Comparison
XBee 5V/3.3V Adapter Documentation v1.2 (.pdf)
XBee BASIC Stamp Sample Code (.zip)
XBee 5V/3.3V Adapter Schematic (.pdf)